Tuesday, November 02, 2004

San Pedro Soccer Mom's

Aren't they great? We all see them driving around San Pedro with there mamamobiles (A big expensive family van, F.E. Ford Windstar, Chrysler Grand Voyager, Honda Odyssey) cigarrete in one hand, diet coke in the other, and the wheel who cares? And yesterday I had a close encounter with one of them. I parked my car in the road and left to pick up a mate. When we are about to come down the owner of the house, tells us the woman who lives 3 departments down, just hit my car and left. We rush down, and find the car door in a really bad state. Apparently the woman, didn't see if there were any cars in the other side of the road an just hit the gas in reverse and hit my car. So we waited for her to come back, and when she did, I came to her with a nice smile, showing that I wasn't mad. And she blames ME on the incident. She rambles along how I shouldn't park my car on the other side of the road, and me and my friend without raising our voice tell her she had plenty of space to turn. I tell her if she could please call her insurance and she says, she didn't think the hit was enough for that, finally she comes and see's the meteor type hole in my door and says, um ok. She doesn't say anything to me. She goes inside her house, without saying anything, and locks herself down until the insurance guy comes. The husband arrives and the guy doesn't even say hello, and they both start bashing me of HOW COULD I PARK MY CAR ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET. I could not believe it. Both of them were talking loudly so I could hear, so I just ignored them and continued talking with my friend.

But what the hell?? How can people in San Pedro be so ARROGANT. Nothing they do is there fault. The law does not exist but to satisfy them. This attitude for me it's frustrating. And it sucks that I am surrounded by it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home