Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Firefox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am a geek. What can I say? I hate Microsoft and as soon as I make some money I am buying myself an Apple. And as a certified Microsoft hater, I also detest Internet Explorer, the browser 95% of you guys use. It's slow, it doesn't block pop ups, it gives a welcome party to adware, spyware, and viruses, and it has no tabs. It basically sucks.

So me, Elfego has been working in a proyect since 1998, called Mozilla along with thousands of programmers who hack into the code in order to make it more secure, find flaws, and put creative new feautures into it. Our mission was to provide a choice over Internet Explorer. We started making Milestones, I downloaded Milestone 5 to 20. Reported bugs, and gave suggestions. Then we gave numbers to it, Mozila 0.5-etc... Then Mozilla 1.0 came out a milestone, but you guys didn't give a shit... Finally we started an independent stripped down browser called Phoenix, I downloaded .3 and for 2 years, browser market share didn't change. The named change to Firebird, and now finally it has become Firefox. But people were still using IE. But finally this summer thanks to IE holes and insecurity people are turning to Firefox and we've won 2 percentage points in Market share which is HUGE news for us.

So please, please, please try it... I have not known one person who has downloaded Firefox and gone back to IE. I will post some pictures as soon as I get home and download 1.0 into my computer so you can see the advantages that Mozilla has over IE. It's just a 4.5 mb download which will take a few minutes.

The advantages over IE are:

Pop up blocker. (a lot smarter than IE's)
Tab browsing (allows many web pages to load within the same window, improving the speed and utility of web browsing. )
Extensions and themes, this means you can download extensions into the browser for example, zoom in-zoom out for pictures, gmail notifier, Yahoo toolbar. Weather, etc...
Faster than IE
Easy to change from IE it's justone click and it imports bookmarks, history, etc...!

Try it. Love it. Spread it.

Firefox download

Reuters Article

I will post some reviews when they are available.





2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help man.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Elfego Elgazu said...

Thanks for the help man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home